Prospective students must be admitted to one of the collaborating graduate units and can apply separately to the CPB any time after.
Questions? Email us!
Education: CPB - Apply
The application process is twofold. Prospective students must apply to one of the collaborating graduate units (check individual websites for application deadlines) and must also apply separately to the CPB (deadline March 31). Admittance into a home unit is necessary for admission into the CPB. Applications are assessed by the CPB Executive Committee, which consists of a representative from each of the collaborating units. CPB admission decisions will be made after the CPB receives notification that you have been admitted into the home department. NOTE: admission into a home department does not guarantee admission into the CPB.
Applications to the CPB should be sent to: Carmen Alfred, Academic Secretary, Collaborative Program in Bioethics, University of Toronto Joint Centre for Bioethics, 155 College Street, Suite 754, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5T 1P8. Your application must include:
- Application Form for Admission
- Current curriculum vitae
- Current transcripts
- Two letters of reference, and
- A one-page letter of intent. This letter must:
- detail why you are interested in the CPB
- outline the research project you will conduct
- provide the reasons why you chose this research project
- describe the research methodology that will be used to complete the project, and
- describe what you hope to gain from the CPB, what you will give to the CPB, and what you intend to do once you have completed the program
6. A letter or email from your thesis supervisor who has agreed to supervise you. The letter or email should be sent to the Academic Secretary.